We just met the new Mission President! We had interviews this morning and we were able to eat lunch with him as well. He is a great guy and I can already tell he loves us as the missionaries and the polish people as well. I am greatly looking forward to having him as our new Mission President.
This week has been really fast. I can't believe I have already been here in Wrocław for almost 2 weeks now! Elder Allred and I get along great. We finally found time this past week to really clean up our apartment, it has just been really hectic here because we don't spend a lot of time at home because it is so far away. By far away I mean at the end of the tramwaj line. It takes roughly an hour to get from our door to the chapel door. So a lot of the time we find ourselves staying at the other apartment here with the other Elders, who live much closer. We have been doing lots of contacting as well, lots of whiteboards which is great.
We had set up a couple meetings this past week, but all of them flaked on us... (didn't show up) but then on Sunday we had a miracle! Randomly at the beginning of church these two asian guys show up in normal clothes for church. We happily invite them in and get to talking, well, Elder Allred did because I was stuck behind the piano playing some prelude music. (Yes I did have to play in Church again, but I had a little time to practice this week and I didn't make any mistakes through 3 songs all with 3 verses! I was so happy and so nervous) He found out that they were Korean and that one of them was a member who served his mission in New York, and so he spoke English. His friend with him only speaks Korean so all the communicating we did with him was through his friend. They stayed for fast and testimony meeting, which was great. The Member bore his Testimony, and told us a story of how his sister barely missed being victim of a recent terrorist attack in Korea. It was a touching story. After Sacrament meeting we had the opportunity to watch the Restoration with them both. Bless the member, he was able to translate the English copy we had into Korean in real time so that his friend, who seems to be pretty interested could understand. Afterwards we bore our testimonies and explained a bit more about the Book of Mormon. When we asked if we could give him one he practically jumped out of his seat! He was so surprised that we would be willing to give it to him for free! And in Korean too! Unfortunately we didn't have a copy in Korean at the Chapel so we gave him an English one, which he was also just as grateful for, we will be getting a Korean copy soon. It was so amazing how Heavenly Father blessed us like that, even though the appointments we did have flaked us we were still able to teach someone!
English is also starting this week and we hope to have a lot of people show up for that! Sister Kimball is so great, she doesn't speak much polish so the people she speaks to usually communicate in broken English and she always invites them to our English class, so hopefully we have a lot come since we are just starting it this Thursday. On Whiteboards yesterday I really noticed that I can actually communicate with people here! I can understand most of what people are saying to me, and I can say what I want and I am getting to the point where it makes more sense to say it in Polish than in English. Occasionally I have to pray in English, and it is always so weird, I feel more comfortable praying in Polish now, its great! I know that Heavenly Father is really blessing me with the Gift of Tongues! How else could I possibly pick up a new language in just 6 short months!? I am so grateful for this opportunity to learn a new language, it is such an amazing experience.
Well, I think that is pretty much it for this week. We haven't been teaching a lot, been spending all our time looking for people who will let us teach them, which actually seems to be pretty hard here in Wrocław. We are trying though, and I know that as we keep trying the Lord will bless us with people who are prepared to receive the full Gospel.
Until Next week!
-Starszy Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment