Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Week 25

I can't believe I am already about 8 months into my mission!!! In this wonderful country already for 6 months! It goes by so fast! But that probably has a lot to do with the fact that in those 6 months I have had 5 companions!!!Holy Smokes, And I probably won't be staying with Elder Allred after this transfer because the other 2 missionaries here are dying (going home) at the end of this transfer, So the most likely thing to happen will be that me and Elder Allred stay here and get new companions, and one of us will most likely get a trainee! Since I heard there are 9 coming in and then 2 months later 11!!! Holy Cow! We will finally be at mission quota instead of a major deficit right now.

So this week has been....HOT...
about 35 degrees Celsius... which is about 95 degrees F!!! And the humidity is terrible! I am sweating all day and there is nothing you can really do to cool off because Airconditioning is essential non existent in this country... Except we kind of have it in the Chapel, so we tend to spend a lot of free time there, helping out with the Family History Center, since Sister Kimball cannot speak Polish. We try to do some whiteboards but it is sooooooooo hot outside we can barely stand it. We are still always looking for people to teach, most of my mission has been finding, and not teaching. Missionaries who go to places where there are lots of members are so lucky because they get tons of referals and rarely have to go contacting, or tracting, and they probably don't even know what a whiteboard is! lol. It is so amazing to me how different missions can be, even between mission presidents. We have a Zone Conference this Friday, the first one with President Nielson.

More stories about lessons have been requested, and I would love to talk about all the lessons we teach each week, the only problem is that we don't teach tons of lessons each week... When Elder Allred and I got here in Wrocław, we were both new to the city and the previous missionaries here did not have any investigators when they left. So we came into to essentially nothing. Almost all of our time has been spent talking to people, trying to get them to set up with us, and occasionally we find someone who will set up with us, we show up and wait...and wait...and wait... until we realize they are not coming. However, occasionally the Lord does bless us with a miracle. Like the lesson with the Korean last Sunday! Well this week, we got a call from the member, his name is Aaron, who said he had found someone at the Train Station who would like to meet with us! Amazing how the Lord will require you to work so hard, see so little come from it, and then all of a sudden someone you just met a week earlier, who speaks no Polish calls up and says he has an appointment for us! We were suppose to meet yesterday, but something came up on his end and he called to let us know, we are rescheduled for later this week. More on that next week! Pray for those who are searching for the truth to be able to find us here in Poland, we search, but it is so hard to find them, so pray for them to be able to find us! They need all they help they can get!

Well, I think that about sums it up this week. I sure hope it cools off soon... It is so hot even at night that I can't sleep under anything... And for anyone who knows how I sleep, that is really odd, and a testiment to how hot it really is here...

Thanks for reading!
-Szczery
-Starszy Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment