It is so amazing to me how much can happen in a week, how fast it can go by, and then looking back on it seems like forever ago...
Well, this past week I was transfered to Wrocław to be companions with Elder Allred! It was hard to say goodbye to Poznań and the members there, they are fantastic. I was also super sad to have to leave just before the sisters were going to have a baptism! Elder Contor has told me how great the baptism went! Oh how I wish I could have been there... such is a mission. I was able to say goodbye to some people which was nice. I was so sad that I didn't break the Contor Curse... He has never had a companion longer than one transfer...Until now! But it is weird cause he is going back with an old companion... oh well. I really do like it here in Wrocław though. We have a much larger branch here, it has about 15-20 people. Which is super nice because for the past 5 months I have been in church with less than 8 people...lol, and I have also had to do a bunch of stuff each sunday... I was expecting a bit of a break this sunday... Silly me...
Right before Sacrament Meeting was going to start the Branch President came over to me and Elder Allred and asked us if we played the piano... I don't know what came over me... but I said I played a little bit... Now for the background on my Piano playing "career"... When I was little my parents diligently tried to get me to go to Piano lessons, and practice at home. I did for a while, but eventually refused to go, I didn't like practicing... years went by, occasionally I would hear a song I liked and try and relearn how to read music so I could pick out a few notes here and there. I also played Percussion in Elementary School and Junior High, so I had a bit of music reading practice there too, but again...I didn't practice. Since being on my mission I have found time occasionally to try and pick out some songs on the piano. First in Kielce, then a bit in Lublin. In Poznań, for some reason, I was doing it more...Sister LeFevre was also doing it a bit. I was suddenly able to read the top line of a song and sight read it!!!! Holy Smokes how the crap did that happen....so ya... Sunday came around and as I said before, I told him I could play a little bit. "Great" he said (He speaks English too) "would you be willing to play for us today in Sacrament meeting, it is you or nothing." I should have said no... But I did it. I played the piano in Sacrament meeting for the first time ever! Aren't you so proud Mom and Dad :) all those lessons weren't for nothing! Never thought I would play the piano in church... It went...alright... I had to sight read 2 of the songs...had never played them before then...that was scarry... The members were really patient and grateful :D The Branch President told them it was my first time playing in Sacrament meeting.
Monday we did a Whiteboard, which was fun, always is...I swear I attract the crazy people or something... It is also always great fun when someone tells you "Your Wasting your time, we don't need your help, go home" All you can do is keep smiling :D Family Home Evening was great though! There is a really cool member here named Adam :D He is in charge of Activities in the branch. We also had the Korean Family come to FHE :D They have a daughter and a Son who is 9. He is so funny. The Dad was at work so he couldn't come. Sister Kimball (She is an Elderly Sister who is serving here in the Family History Center) Cooked Chicken Enchiladas for us!!! They were really yummy! At the end of FHE I was teaching the boy how to do a handstand! In Polish! I am so happy to be around kids again! this branch has quite a few! He picked up pretty quick :D I really like it here.
Haven't had any meetings with investigators yet, Elder Allred and I are still trying to figure out where stuff is here... We both are new to the city, so we have been spending a lot of time getting use to everything. We also live really far away... sad day. The weather is great here! Short sleeves are on and the sun is Shining :D Hopefully we can get out contacting soon and find some really cool investigators! I am excited to finally have a normal companion who isn't also Branch President. I should probably be staying in this city for a while too :D I may very well train here! When the next group of Elders come in (They are in the MTC now) there will be 9 of them! Which means that only 4 Missionaries will not train this next transfer! How crazy is that! Well, that is pretty much it for this week. I love you all!
-Starszy Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment