Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 22

Whew...as usual...don't have much time! Guess that has kinda been something you all have gotten use to by now lol

Okay...So, last monday I went on an Exchange with Elder Tribe, who is a zone leader in the zone, but only 1 group ahead of mine. He is so cool and tons of fun to be around and a great missionary. I went out there to Bydgoszcz and we had some meetings and then passed out a lot of English flyers! Came back the next day in the Morning for a crazy P-Day in Poznań because the Elders from Wrocław and the Zone leaders came in for the day! We had lots of fun and played some sports in the park. The only problem was the bugs.... never have I seen so many... It was like playing in fog...of bugs...disgusting... But the sports were fun!

We have also done a lot of whiteboarding this week! Which is great because it is by far my favorite contacting method! We always whiteboard with the Sisters, they are great! So dedicated and brave. I have never seen anyone contact like Sister Spear, she truly has no fear and will contact anyone no matter how awkward I think it would be. She is great. Sister LeFevre is fantastic too, both are super funny and we laugh all day long. It is such a step up from serving along in a city with just your companion, which can get really boring even if you are the best of friends.

On Thursday the weather finally worked out and we were going to FINALLY go try and have our sports Thursday! We changed our clothes and headed out with the Basketball and Volleyball. After walking for about 20-25 minutes we arrived at the park....only to find it completely under water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes...the entire park was flooded... If you don't know Poland has had a ton of really weird rain lately and for a couple weeks now everyone has been on Flood Warning and the river is practically over flowing! I was absoutely crushed that the park was flooded and we then had no where to play sports. On the way back we passed an indoor pool! ...and no we didn't go swimming lol, but we did go in and see if we could reserve it for the Baptism the sisters have on the 26th! They have been teaching Marta for about a month and she is so ready! Practically teaching herself the lessons! She is a miracle, and exactly what the church needs here in Poland. On Monday she had her Baptismal interview and will be baptized this Saturday by Elder Contor! He is super nervous :) I am super sad though because I will be leaving Poznań before then though :( And even worse, so will Sister LeFevre... ;_; We found out Transfers today! And I will being going to Wrocław! To be companions with Elder Allred! In a District with my trainer Elder Anderton! It should be a super fun transfer! I just hope it lasts a lot longer than this last 4 week one... I can't believe I have to pack again...

This week Elder Contor and I have been handing out literally hundreds of Free English flyers. It is so funny handing them out because everyone automatically says no when we start talking to them, and then they pause turn around and take the flyer after they realize we just told them we teach a FREE (Bezpłatny) English Class... it is really funny :D We better have a ton of people in English tonight!

On Sunday I had to give a talk in Sacrament meeting on Diligence. I used the story of Job, talk about a rough life and never giving up... shoot. Then later on Sunday we did another English Whiteboard, and more flyers! Right at the beginning we had these 2 either crazy or drunk (or both) guys stop and talk to us. They were funny, I took them aside and was talking to them so they wouldn't scare off anyone else that stopped to talk to us. They were crazy... and Polish people are notorious for being able to pull alcohol out of no where, and so he did. He tried to get me to drink it, thinking he was being really nice as a friend or something. I explained to him that we don't smoke or drink, they both shook my hand and told me I was a great man...lol. Then two girls walked past, who weren't exactly modestly dressed, I saw both of their eyes lock on them and they started muttering things between themselves. I knew what was going on so I firmly told them "Bądź Miły!!!" They both snapped to attention and looked right at me and said "Jesteśmy Miły" I thought it was funny. They respect us a lot and like us, One of them started cussing in English and Polish and I told him to stop that too, they were shocked at how high our standards were and kept shaking my hand and bowing their heads. They were really goofy, like 2 stooges really. Well that is my funny story of the week :D

Everything is going pretty good, sad I am leaving but always excited to get to know a new city... But this is the second time in a row I have only used 3 weeks out of my month on my bus pass...grrrr. Oh well

Thanks for reading :D

-Starszy Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment