Well, today is my Birthday! finally out of the Teenage years!
So I have some stuff planned to do with my district (yes I have one now) so this won't be a very long post this week. (Kinda a common theme sorry) I wish I had more time on the computers but my companions are always wanting to go do something else... lol
I said goodbye to Lublin on Wednesday, it was sad but we had a great meeting with the Gładuns in which Sister Gładun threatened me saying that if I didn't come back later with my family that I would be dead...lol I told her I would be sure to return, since my mom pretty much told me the same thing. They were sad to see me leave, but they have seen this happen many times so they were prepared. Then on Thursday I caught an early train at 7:00 and said Goodbye to Elder Thomson and Lublin. The train was 6 hours long.... and I was in a cabin with 3 exchange students... who all spoke English, one from Mexico, Canada and Alaska. I can't tell if all English speakers are just really loud or if it is just because I am a native English speaker and don't have to think so much to understand. They were really loud though.
The transfer went well, I met Elder Contor on the Peron along with Sister Lefevre and Wiktor, who is an awesome member in Poland who has just applied to go to BYU in December. He speaks great English and helps a lot with our Polish it is wonderful. I like him a lot. We headed to our new apartment, which believe it or not, is better than the last one lol. This one has 2 seperate closets for us which is nice and we each have our own desk, which will help studies a lot lol. It is really nice to not always be in the same room. Elder Contor cooks too! Which is really nice :) but I have spent so much more on food since being here already.... So that will be interesting...
We do a ton of contacting here, most of which we do Whiteboards. Which entails setting up a whiteboard and writing a question on it and then contacting people and asking them the question. I like it a lot more because more people stop... and then we lead it to a Gospel subject :)
Sunday was fun, good to see some of the members, the Branch is pretty much exactly the same as in Lublin, size wise. After Church we went home to plan and then on an adventure around Poznań. On our adventure, we brought our ubrellas because we knew that it was very likely that it would probably rain...little did we know, they wouldn't help... right at the point where we were the farthest from our house, the rain came down, skies openned... I have never before seen rain like that... And I have been in some pretty bad rain in the past couple weeks. We got completely soaked. Shoes were soaked through, which has never even been close to happening before. Pants up to my knees soaked. It was funny, had to scream to hear each other because it was so loud. We had quite the adventure.
And of course, yet again, my companion is Branch President, which means I will be on the computers again on Mondays for Financial work. And go figure, just as I finished my legal work last week, my companion has (due to a mistake) to redo his legal work... so we worked on that on Monday too.
Everything is great, except that the sky is not blue...its grey...which is not how it is suppose to be on my birthday!!! Good grief it is June for heavens sake! Where is my sunshine!
Until next week!
-Starszy Taylor
P.S. (Sorry for any typos again...or grammatical discrepencies....)
Happy Birthday Elder Taylor! Hopefully you'll get some blue skies today. It's raining here in Utah, so maybe that's a good sign that the sun is in your neck of the woods!
ReplyDeleteLove, Jen