Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Week 15

Well, this week just flew by! Probably has something to do with all the traveling we did this week, which always seems to become more and more frequents as my mission continues...

So last Tuesday we met with that English class again. This time they were in their computer lab looking up stuff about Lublin to tell us about. And we had the opportunity to show them some pictures of Temples. Of course they wanted to see the Salt Lake Temple, which they thought was very beautiful. Then we showed them some other temples using the churches temple viewer. And then I googled the San Diego Temple :D when I brought the picture up there was an audible gasp when they saw it, and then, someone in the back who was standing on a chair was leaning so far forward to see it better that he fell of the chair!!! The teacher then commented that we could probably convert some people just by showing them pictures of the Temples... lol It was really funny, and a good teaching opportunity to explain how important families are to us and why our church is so big on Geneology.

http://www.skycamsandiego.com/gallery/photos/lrg_mormon_temple.jpg
http://www.christjcd.com/lds/books/san_diego_lds_mormon_temple1.jpg
(Those are the pictures I showed)

On Thursday we took a trip to Puławy to visit our blind member there. She is always so nice to us and so faithful, she does everything she can do in her circumstances. She has a watch that when you press a button it will tell you what time it is in Polish! But the battery died recently so she has not been able to tell the time for a while now. She asked us to fix it, so we set out looking for a Watch store, which are usually pretty abundant in Poland. We found one, but he was on break for the next 45 mins.... so we continued looking. Eventually we found one in the Mall there and they were able to replace the battery for us. We returned the watch to her and she was ecstatic! She was so grateful for that simple thing we did for her. It was a great example to me that we should be grateful in life for everything that we have, not just big things that happen. Shortly therafter we returned to Lublin to meet with one of our members. Then after that meeting we had one more with a member who has been inactive for some time, but has been coming back to church. She lives really close to this other member too so it worked out quite conveniently. She has a really modern apartment, I was super surprised! I played with her son who is 12, he loves soccer and other sports, we get along great. Then we had a short lesson with him, about why we need examples in our life and how Jesus Christ is the perfect example. It was time for us to go after that, but apparently the buses did go out that far, so Marlena (the mom) offered us a ride. The ride was one of the most exciting things of my life. She was flying down the road! They don't have police patrolling here to catch speeders, they just have cameras at fixed locations to photograph and ticket speeders. She knows where all the cameras are :) So she was flying at like 120 km/h down this small little windy road!!!! It was so much fun, my companion was freaking out though lol, he didn't not like it, I loved it.

Friday we traveled yet again, but this time it was to Kielce! The plan was to finish my legal work and get my little card that says I legal. I thought I just had to be present to pick up this little card. However...upon arriving I was informed that I would need my passport...from my companion, who neglected to tell me a whole plethura of things that still had to be done. It was kinda funny because of all the people in the world, he should have been the last one to forget how these things work (he was in the office for 6 months, thats all they do...lol not really) anyways... we couldn't do any of my legal work but we got to work with Elder Nielson (from my MTC group) and Elder Tribe. It was a lot of fun and we worked hard, but we will have to go back again this week.

From Kielce we took a train up to Warsaw early Saturday morning because my companion had a meeting he had to be in for the Branch Presidents in the Warsaw District. Luckily for me, the missionaries in Warsaw that day had planned a Sports Saturday! And I was able to go with them to that :) I had shorts to change into and Elder Garrett brought me a shirt, and I had found some extra shoes in Kielce, so I was ready to go. We played soccer, in the rain, it was tons of fun, I don't think I have ever really played sports much out in the rain, especially for about 2 hours... It was tons of fun and so nice to be able to do something physical. It made me really sore. We also played some ultimate frisbee which was also pretty fun. There were some members and some investigators there too :) which is really the whole purpose. Apparently i'm not absolutely terrible at soccer, I still can't control the ball well, but it is fun to kick it in funny ways when it is bouncing or in the air. The Sisters were there too playing with us, they were actually playing too, not just standing around, which really surprised me :) they toughed it out through the rain too :) The train ride home after that was all kinds of fun, all wet and everything, I couldn't even change back into my other clothes because I was all wet.

Sunday was good, I always notice how much my polish has grown on Sundays. This sunday I was alone watching conference with some members, while my companion taught our english speakers in English. I was able to converse, and answer questions in Polish! It is so nice to be able to start understanding Polish people when they speak instead of just missionaries! I look forward to mastering this language :D

Well, thats pretty much it, we were able to watch conference yesterday on some DVD's we got from the office in Warsaw, they have it in 8 different languages on there so it was really nice to hear it in English :)

Well, thats it for this week, sorry again for any spelling errors, I see red lines all over the place... and can't exactly spell check on this Polish computer... forgive me.

Kocham was. Dziękuje bardzo za twoj czas czytając moj blog. :D

-Starszy Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment