Sorry everyone but this week is gonna be kinda short due to the fact that the library is randomly closed today and we have to be here in this terrible internet cafe, and the keyboard I have is one of those terrible ones that is split in the middle and all tilted funny, so I can't type well... Also super limited on time today...again...
This week has been a week full of rain! It has not rained a whole ton up until now... but now it is raining cats and dogs! I have never seen raindrops this big...I will post a link to a video I took soon. Hopefully I will also be able to get those bajillion pictures I have posted soon too.
Wednesday we had a meeting with Basia Rakuś who was baptized last year. We were meeting with her to help explain how to give a talk in Sacrament meeting and how to prepare it. This was going to be her first talk in Church! I was super excited for her, it is a wonderful opportunity to learn while preparing to teach. Thursday we had a meeting with Basia Kopeć way out there, and then afterwards tried to meet with Marlena but could not contact her so we eventually headed home. Friday...hmmm what did we do on friday...oh ya, it rained....forever....literally all day, just came pooring down, the street behind our building was a river. In fact, my companion made a small tinfoil boat and sailed it down the stream :) I got a picture, it was funny, can't believe he went out in it. Then we also organized the ridiculous amounts of materials we had for investigators sitting around in our apartment. Took a while but we eventually got it all sorted out and ready to transport to the Chapel. Saturday we had a meeting with a man name Witek, who we found in the Area Book. Apparently he has been investigating the church for 10 years! Holy Smokes... After our meeting we headed to the Gładuns house for our Branch Grill :D It was great, and Witek was abel to come with us and talk with the Gładuns who apparently already know him from forever ago. The grill was great :) was lots of fun because Elder Thain, who use to be Branch President here, was back with his parents visiting, so it was fun to chat with them a bit.
Sunday we had a meeting before church with a missionary couple from Germany who are the Audit trainers for Eastern Europe, so they travel to each country training people how to be ready for audits and how financial work is suppose to be done. They stayed for Church, and the Thain family also came, and so did Witek! We had the greatest church attendence I have ever seen in Lublin! It was amazing lol, and half the people only spoke English, I had to translate for the Taiwanese members again, while Elder Thain (now only Brother Thain lol) translated for the others. It was a great meeting then afterwards we had the most interactive Sunday School lesson the branch has ever seen, mostly because of the english speakers in the back answering all the questions as they would in their normal wards back home. It was funny but all the members here loved it.
Monday of course was more financial work, and this time we had to stay extra long in the library to watch the tutorials the church has for bishops and the ward clerks (thats me) so that was all kinds of fun. Tonight we will be returning to talk with the English Class again, it is a wonderful experience for them to learn about the Gospel! And it is nice to be able to speak in English and help them out :)
Well thats it for this week, hopefully next week will be a bit brighter and less rainy!
-Starszy Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment