Well, I don't have a lot of time this week because my companion set up something really early, and then took forever getting out of the house this morning...
Last Tuesday we had another meeting with Paul's English class :) It went well again :) I think it is such an amazing finding tool and he totally loves us being there. We explained the Plan of Salvation to them in English, hopefully they understood lol. Apparently Catholics have somekind of "Plan of Salvation" as well... but it only consists of Life on Earth, and then pretty much the spirit world, which they kinda changed into Heaven and Hell.
And then after that I got to explain how to play American Baseball :) Good thing my parents were dilligent in always getting me to my practices and games as a kid, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it lol.
Wednesday we had an awesome meeting with someone we found in our Area Book named Artur. He investigated the church a while ago, and had a positive experience, he said he just needed some time, so now we are back and he is meeting with us again :D He is really cool and hopefully will keep meeting with us and progressing. It is so amazing how prayers are answered, I have been praying day and night for us to be able to find new people to teach, and as time passes, we keep finding more and more people! It is wonderful. We set up with him to meet tomorrow :D so we will see how that goes, hopefully he read the Book of Mormon like he said he would :) (only like a chapter or 2 of course)
On Thursday we headed to Warsaw for the night, so that we would be able to make it to Zone Conference the next day on time. It was fun staying with the office elders again :)
Zone Conference on Friday was great! Got lots of great notes, and we are doing some cool things in the mission right now :) We are also starting a mission wide study on the Atonement, which I recommend to anyone who wants to do it with us. We also had a recent convert Agnieszka come and talk to us a bit. She is on fire! Doing fantastic, going to be one of the main building blocks for the church in Poland. She is always so excited about meetings and learning something new! It was great to hear her conversion story and how she tries to share the Gospel with everyone she knows. She even got her dad to want to be baptized after seeing how it had effected her life! She thanked us profusely for all the work we do trying to find people and not giving up on them. It was really encouraging to hear from her.
Saturday, after returning home late the night before, we ventured out to the lake to scout out a spot for Mariusz's baptism (which we keep having to move back because of different things like, his brother getting married, and my companion kinda scaring him away :( ) But hopefully it will all work out. We spent the whole day getting to the lake, walking around it, and finding a good spot (the only spot) and then finally getting our buses home. We waited literally about 90 mins for a bus from the lake home.... and it never came.... so we walked to a nearby bus stop that actually had times posted and then waited 20 mins for that one... I did get to watch the sunset though :) that was pretty cool
We had a really good meeting on Sunday :) The Gładuns came, but their boys didn't. But Marlina came with her son Sebastian! She has been inactive for a while but I think the Gładun's really helped her come back and we are meeting with her on Wednesday. Her son Sebastian is 11 :) I played with him, it was fun because it reminded me of playing with my sister. I think he likes me :) which is great because he needs to know the church isn't always boring lol. Like all kids think it is. I think he had a good experience. Marlina was the first member to join the church in Lublin, she helped the Gładuns come back when they went inactive and now it has come full circle as they have helped her, it is wonderful.
I also noticed how much my polish has increased on sunday! I did both prayers on the Sacrament (we couldn't remember if you have to have 2 people or if 1 is okay, and since It was pretty much me being the only one who didn't have something else they had to be doing I did both. (Dad, maybe you can clarify for me :) Then after that I had to go translate for our Taiwanese members :) But this time was different. I was actually able to translate my companions entire talk!!!!!! I was so happy! That is a huge improvement from only being able to catch a few words here and there. It is always an interesting experience trying to translate, listening and then changing languages in your head it rough sometimes lol.
Well, that is pretty much all I have time for today! Sorry it is a bit shorter this week!
-Starszy Taylor
No comments:
Post a Comment