This week had its upsets but also some great things happen, so lets see if I can get it all typed out before I run out of time again...
We had a meeting somehow set up with Jenny, the one who lives in Legnica, for Wednesday, but when we got out there she had just barely received a call reminding her of a meeting she had to be at right then! Bummer... so we didn't get to meet with her at all, which was too bad cause we had a great lesson planned and were going to extend a baptismal commitment. This next week she is getting married so we will have to wait about 2 weeks before we will be able to meet with her again.
Then on Thursday we had a pretty much AWESOME Thanksgiving Dinner in Poland :) I have pictures so don't worry. We had tons of food and it was all really good. We even got Szczepan to show up for all the free food lol. He enjoyed it. After all the food and we were totally stuffed we sat down and wrote out things that we were thankful for in the people in our district. It was cool. After that we were suppose to have a meeting with Gosia, our other investigator, but she texted us earlier saying that she didn't have classes the next day so she would be going out to visit her family a day earlier. Bummer... But we still had English class and that went well. I let Elder Sheridan do pretty much all the teaching this time because he always seems like he wants to but even though he prepares tons he seems to get stuck and not know what to do at parts, so normally I just come up with something on the spot to keep things going, and it is always pretty good. But ya, they stopped him midway through teaching some position prepositions and said they would like to first learn how to read english lol. So I suggested he teach the alphabet, but he started going into every vowel sound...which is a joke in English, so I stopped him and suggested we read the Book of Mormon in English, and all the students practically jumped at the Idea. It went well and we were able to give them some polish ones as well because they were curious what they were reading. I thought it went over quite well :)
And then finally the amazing day came of Ania's Baptism. I don't really know what to write other than it was fantastic, everything worked out quite well, nothing terrible happened :) Elder Allred baptized her in a pool that is near the chapel. They got a ride from the Moons (Senior Couple here now) and the rest of us walked from the chapel where we started the meeeting and had the talks. Ania had asked all 4 of us missionaries to split the topic of baptism between all of us, which we did and it worked out alright. We got to the pool and they got all changed and ready. I was asked to be one of the witnesses for the baptism which I had never done before, but it wasn't too stressful lol. All we had to do was make sure everything was done the write way :) And of course it was. Afterwards we went back to the chapel for closing song and prayer. It was a great day and I hope to be able to see more people come unto Christ through baptism while I am here in Poland.
Ania was confirmed the next day in Church and all of us missionaries were able to be part of the ordinance when she received the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is such a great thing to see someone join the church and find the happiness that comes along with it. Later Sunday Evening we had our normal dinner at Sister Kimballs apartment. It was just us missionaries and Ania this time. Sister Kimball made, yet again, awesome food, this time it was some kind of taco soup, it was delicious. After dinner and helping clean up Elder Allred made Cinnamon Roles for all of us :D they were super good, but take so long to make. Ania and I made these things called "Fairy Cakes" while he was doing that. (They are just really small cupcakes) It was a fun night to end a good week.
Well, that is about it for my time now, but at least I got it all out this week :D
Until next week :)
-Starszy Taylor
P.S. My mother is right, I do <3 comments :D
What a great read! Takes me back to when I served every time I read your blog. This one took me back to our first baptism.
ReplyDeleteYour pics are fun to see! I like that you are getting the cultural aspects of your mission. Sometimes we don't make that connection with those we serve as well as we should. It is good to see your eye is on that.
What I would have given to have blog technology when I served. Then again everyone would have been witness to the demise of my English abilities. Yours seems to be still in tact. : )
Take care.
D Brown