Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Week 34

It is truly amazing how fast time goes by... Even as it seems to take a long time during the day... This week was back to my good old Lublin travel schedule lol.

We took a trip to Puławy on Wednesday to have a meeting with Irina Żak, the Blind Member out there. She has decided to move to a more convenient location and was mostly packed up when we arrived. She is moving to Łódź to live with her son for a while until she can find her own apartment there. We had a nice meeting with her, and I was happy to know what was going on this time lol, since my polish has improved significantly since the last time I was here in Lublin. In Łódź she will be closer to the church, more members and have her son around to help her out. It Puławy she is all alone and it is really hard on her, especially since she is blind. She is so nice though, cooked us some great Polish food, it was awesome :)

On Thursday we had another trip planned, but this time to Zamość to see Maria Pusiek. She is so great to us aswell, always cooks us TONS of food...Like more food that I can fit in my stomach...we always leave there feeling bloated lol. At least it is good food, really good food. We had a nice meeting with her as well. She loves to talk, and it was a lot better this time too, because I can understand and contribute to a conversation... as opposed to sitting there and nodding my head...lol. She remembered me and was happy to see me back. She was amazed when I told her where I had been for the past 3 months. On "vacation" to Poznań and Wrocław, two of the prettiest cities in Poland :D. It is too bad that she lives so far away and can't come to church, but she is still a solid member, loves the church, reads her scriptures and prays. She is great.

Saturday we had a meeting at Noon with the Taiwanese members :) Which now consists of 3 people! It was so amazing to see Grace again, she has a new confidence and feeling about her, it is great. She always seemed so shelled up and quiet before and now she smiles more and just seems so much happier, I guess that is really what the Gospel does for people who let it. We set up a time to have an advanced English class with them to help them out with their schooling which is all in English. And we should be starting up Institute again here soon :) which will be great. They are so fantastic, the Branch here is very blessed to have them here as a part of it.

Sunday, we had our good old Lublin church. Had a decent amount of people come, about 8 member I believe. Marlena was there again, which makes 3 weeks in a row, which is great because Elder Thomson and I spent quite some time reactivating and working with her. Good to see something has come from it :D And of course I am back to doing most of the church service lol...I blessed both again this week, and also had the One talk... I gave my one on Diligence that I wrote in Poznań but I spent a lot of time the day before editing it... amazing how much you can learn in 3 months... Then we had a Sunday School Lesson from Beata :) She is a great teacher. Then church was over, about 70 minutes after it started... lol. We have been instructed to only have 1 Talk in Sacrament meeting in the small branches... So... we do what we can.

Well, that pretty much sums up most of this week. We are going to try and meet with Beata (investigator) this week, because she had to reschedule from last week because she had an Aunt die, pray for her. We have Zone Conference Tomorrow and that should be exciting.

Until Next Week,

-Starszy Taylor

1 comment:

  1. Dear Elder Taylor,
    This is cousin Eric, Jen's husband- you know the super handsome Californian...no seriously. I have been thinking about you and missions this last week. I am a teacher's quorum advisor and we have been talking about that of course. What made me think of you is going to Priesthood session with a few of my brothers, I have 6. Well one, Lance, I was able to attend two, he served in Yugoslavia for year and then opened Bulgaria after that, there was a civil war so all the missionaries got pulled out of Yugo. Anyway, he had a tough go because at that time you couldn't proselyte- actively speak with people in Yugo- I remember thinking- what do you do? And then to have to move to a new country, Try to learn a new language boy that is a lot to ask. Darin the other bro i went with went to Argentina, he was the car coordinator for like 7 months so didn't get to do a lot of proselyting like he wanted. And I of course went to Provo...so that is much different then most. Bottom line Elder- God has a great work for you to do in Poland. I have no doubts that Missionaries are called by God. When things get tough, cause they do, and that is part of the learning experience, I remember the Apostle Paul and the struggles, being put in prison, stoned etc on his 14 yr mission and thought I had it pretty good. ejorgensen@yourvapro.com is my email love to hear from you. You are on the Lords errand and as such are entitled to the Lord's help. Keep being obedient and the blessings will come. Love you
    Eric, Jen, Megan and Dane Jorgensen

    ReplyDelete