Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week 8

Well this week I will start with Zone Conference which we had about a week ago now.

Every 6 weeks the Mission has "Zone Conference" when all the missionaries in each zone will get together for some talks and some training. There are 3 zones in Poland, usually 2 zones will be combined for each zone conference because we are a small mission. My least favorite part about zone conference is the fact that we have to sleep over....I may have already mentioned my dislike for sleepovers....but here it is agian...there are never enough beds/blankets. For Example (Na przykład) we stayed at the Office Elders apartment. When it came time for bed, I was still up reading something, thinking they would still be up by the time I finished. Low and behold, they went to sleep early....never happens. So I get ready for bed, planning to just sleep on the couch. I start hunting for a blanket...only to find out that my wonderful companion, Elder Beaty, has stolen EVERY SINGLE BLANKET IN THE WHOLE APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looking back at it now, I should have just stolen them from him... but... being nicer than that, at the time... I just curled up in a ball on the couch and slept there, like that, for the whole night. Not my best night of sleep...At zone conference I got to meet up with the other Elders from my MTC Group, it was super exciting :D I was so happy to see them again! It would we so cool to be able to serve with them sometime. I hope I get the chance.

After zone conference we headed back to Lublin. I love sleeping in my own bed, nothing like it. One day, can't remember which, we were waiting at the bus stop and I looked up and there were like 5 kids on the bus just waving at me through the window!!! So of course, I waved back! They were so excited :D It made my day, They had an adult with them, she looked happy too :D I love happy people.

We also went shopping this week and I found something remarakable! I found.....a snickers bar.........for........................ .40$!!!!!!!!!!!! How crazy is that!? Ya, I have never seen a candy bar for that cheap, it was amazing.

Since my companion here is Branch President, we have to do lots of financial stuff...not fun. My least favorite thing to do as a missionary, pay bills. Especially since we have to spend half a day doing it all. Not fun, seems like such a waste of time for missionaries, so much else we could be doing. It is amazing how reliant the church is on missionaries in countries with very few members.

On Saturday we went to Puławy again to visit with Irina Żak, a blind member who lives out there and can't make it to church. She was really nice, and I think the first blind person I have ever talked to, not sure though. I don't remember having ever met a blind person before though. She had food for us which is always nice. I find it so odd here that they don't usually have anything to drink with their meals... Which makes it difficult sometimes when you eat dry food...

Sunday, after church my companion asked one of the members, Mariusz, if he would stay for a 20 min lesson. Then he so kindly told me that I had to teach the while thing...he wasn't kidding....He didn't say a word..... I did the whole thing. It would have been okay except for the fact that every single time I would ask him a question he would give me a one word answer...I was looking for like 5 min answers.... I shared my favorite scripture with him, then asked if he had a favorite scripture. Of course I assume I will get a break here and he will talk for a while....nope. He said he doesn't have a favorite scripture....ugh. So I told him my Hero in the Book of Mormon is Captain Moroni. Then I asked who his favorite hero was. You'll never believe what he said..."Nie mam" I don't have one...So then jokingly I asked if he even reads the Book of Mormon. lol I know he does, he knows a lot. I can't figure out why he wouldn't have any favorites, it was weird. But it did make me talk a lot more, and somehow I survived.

On Monday, while doing more financial work, we went to the library to send the e-mail record to Frankfurt, Germany where all the financial stuff is taken care of for Poland. We discovered upon arrival that the library had updated its computers operating systems to Windows 7!!!!!!!! I was really excited because I have heard great things about it, but left before it was really released. I like it a lot and am happy the library has it now.

I also feel I should mention that I have been totally addicted to Milka bars with Hazelnuts in them......they are soooo goood.

Anyways! Thanks for reading again :D I will be back again next week, with yet another update!

Until then :D

No comments:

Post a Comment