Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Second Week in Poland!!!

Okay so still going with daily schedule so here we go

Friday:

Woke up a little late again and finally decided that in order for me to be able to get up out of bed when my alarm goes off I am going to need a specific plan. So during my study time I created a schedule for the first hour and a half of my day. After that I did A LOT AND LOT of language study....for like most of the day....not sure why we didn't go out and do something....we just waited around until it was time for English Class with our investigators. English is apparently the way all our investigators were found so we are going to advertise for it again and hopefully find more people intersted. Rather uneventful day...

Saturday:

Well I got up at 6:30 right on the dot, according to the plan of course then started my 10 mins of cardio...all I could come up with for my limited space was jumping jacks........I dare you to try and do jumping jacks for 10 solid minutes....I stopped after like 5. Then moved on to my upper body. Did my Handstand pushups, Curls and Tricep pulls with a theraband, 3 different types of pushups.....then lost all will to work out.... I hurt bad at that point. Hopefully I can work up to the point where I can do the full hour workout. This was Elder Trost's last full day in Poland before heading off to Switzerland to finish off his mission speaking his native German. (Polish is really hard) We pretty much did what he wanted. We had lunch at Pizza Hut. Yes they have it in Poland and it is a lot better than in the US. They glorify it here...full sit down restaurant with gourmet Pizza's way good. And like 12$ for a huge pizza. Later that day we watched the movie Katyń with some of our investigators, they have been bugging us about it for a long time so we did, it was polish history so we figured it would be okay. Nothing happy occurs in that movie x_x.... just very sad.... lots of death :( People were so mean in WWII.

Sunday:

So I must say I had some pretty crazy scripture study on Sunday. Always fun when you get lost in the scriptures. We had church, in our apartment of course again. I keep understanding more and more of what they give talks on. One was on tithing the other on Joseph Smith. Good talks, from what I understood. Didn't understand any of sunday school on Forordination.... We spent some time with Elder Trost then he left to go finish packing. We started heading for the Dworzec and actually contacting people as we went, I was so excited, we never contact, everyone turned us down and one guy was even deaf... lol I was still happy. We said bye to Elder Trost, it was sad. We miss him a lot. We headed home as a new Threesome with Elder Handley. We went to his apartment and got his stuff then we went back and help him get settled. I made Green Bean Cassarole with my makeshift Polish ingedients. It turned out to still be really good, not the same but still way good. Last we went over to our landlady's apartment to talk with her again, she loves us so much for some reason lol. It helps me a lot with my Polish.

Monday:

We got up in the morning got ready and everything, and then had to head off to the bank (forever far away) and deposit the tithing we got on Sunday from one of the members. Such a long walk....After that we went to the Library to send out the financial report for the branch. We went home after that and went over to our landlady's again, she had made a special soup for us :D it was actually really good, except for the slimy nasty chicken skin I had to eat that was in it....I would take raw fish over that any day.....x_x I also fixed her wifi for her lol, of course I would have to do that on my mission. We had Family Home Evening with our investigators after that. For the Activity we played BS, so funny lol, I love them all so much, absolutely hilarious. Then at the end me and Wojtek were playing Blink, I beat him like 4 times in a row, even with people helping him lol, he was learning quickly though. Right before he left I went really slow to let him win, but I kept it close. He was so happy to win :D I told them all that my mom is najlepszy at the game (best) and my sister is really good too, I told them in Polish :D BS helped me learn my numbers really well, numbers are sooooooo hard in polish, they change everytime you use them......Then we got ready to head to Kraków to spend the night so we could go to Auschwitz in the morning. Walked around for about an hour checking the bus stops and trains only to find out there were no more and we would have to catch a train at 6:00 in the morning. While we were at the Station checking times we saw a Larry (drunk Pole) and he stood there and growled at us......lol....then he asked for a cigarette :( poor guy. After that we headed back and went to bed.......

Tuesday:

Well today we got up at 5:00 and got ready and headed out for the Dworzec. That train was so odd... The seats were heated and plastic...but too heated....like they burned.....so it was weird...I tried to sleep. We got to Kraków and then met up with everyone else at the station and then got on the next train to Oświęcim where Auschwitz is. On the train there Elder Handley accidentally got off too early and had to wait for the next one for 40 mins...we had to wait too at the station. We got some food and then headed off for Auschwitz. A pretty decent walk too... Not as cold as it has been so that was good. Auschwitz was so sad, I can't even really comprehend what happened there, especially being there....completely in-humane what occured there. Being in the courtyard where thousands of people were murdered was....well not sure how to describe that.... Hopefully my pics finish uploading. We spent a long time going through all the buildings there, they have it set up as a museum now, still terrible....After that we went to a Billards place and had Pizza and played Pool. After like 2 hours of that we headed home. And now we are in Kraków until we travel home. It is very pretty here, and they don't have as much snow as we do in Kielce!!! Very beautiful Cathedrals here. This is the only city Hitler didn't wreck, this is where he stayed so he kept is nice. Well that is pretty much it for my week. Will be back later to update again!!! Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome to hear about the history you get to see...you should watch the movie "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas" if you haven't before. It is about all that and it is a REALLY good movie. Heart wrenching at times, but good. Thanks for the daily entrys Jordan! We love you and pray for you and your fellow missionaries! Love, Aunt Nina and Dakota

    ReplyDelete