Friday, March 27, 2009

Computer Issues.....Again.....

So ya...after my last fiasco with my computer it has been working pretty smoothly. I have had to replace my AC charging cable AGAIN though... this time the cable just snapped... so I now have it taped up with electrical tape and very carefully adjusted under my desk as a permanent location. It is far too fragile to move at all so I had to order another new one. I am pretty happy with this one though because it is significantly longer which means I don't have to search as much to find a decent location to plug into at school.
The next problem arose late one night... I was chugging along working on my laptop and of course... as my luck would have it... I blue screen. For all you who don't know, that is bad... very bad. I reset my computer hoping it was just a one time thing and my laptop rebooted fine...until the next day. I am there sitting in my Mechanical Design class opening my laptop and turning it on when of course...the blue screen attacks again. I then proceed to try and restart my laptop endlessly during class hoping for the best. I think my total for blue screens capped off at about 20....fail. I was able to log in and boot up and everything would work for about 2 minutes...then BAM... it dies. So I went into the startup services and turned a couple off and poof my laptop works again. No idea why that works or what is wrong exactly but im not complaining at the moment.
Since the blue screening my laptop has been chugging along at its normal (really slow) pace. Taking forever and a half to open up programs, to switch between them, run multiple programs at once, and many other things. So I finally broke down and bought 2GB of RAM for my 3 year old laptop for 25$ which I think is a fantastic deal. I also discovered that it is extremely easy to replace RAM in my laptop and that apparently my hardrive is really easy to remove...lol...anways... here I am... pulling an all nighter because I was my usual self and procrastinated this paper till the last minute (though if you had seen what was due for this week you couldn't blame me for not doing it the past couple days). I just have to make it through Biology later today and then I can come home and crash.
Goodmorning to all you who were able to sleep last night and Goodbye to all you who have actually taken the time to read this.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jord,
    You and your computer have become even closer during your time away from home. I'm so glad that you are able to troubleshoot and fix it yourself!
    I hope you do well in bio and I hope you get some nice sleep today.
    I love you!!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete